Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

I'm sure many of you are in the same boat we are- NO MONEY. At least not for frivolous dates and romantic gifts. There are surprisingly lots to do for FREE. And it is simple. I just made a jar and filled it with notes- each with something Troy and I could do together that is free and fun. Otherwise- we tend to sit on our computers, watch TV, and do the same old thing. This way it is a little more exciting to pick one and do what it says. Some are kind of specific to us, but make your own! And you can make some exciting ones too... I will leave that to you though. Oh- and really, you could do most of this with friends too.
Here are a few ideas:

Take a Walk
Make Cookies
Sip Wine on the Patio
Go to the Park
Zoo day (we have a zoo pass-thanks nana and papa)
Snuggle on the couch
Make hot chocolate
Read a book together
Go Hiking
Walk around at IKEA
Look for our Dream House online
Give massages
Watch Airplanes at Tempe Town Lake (Garrison loves this)
Look at Animals at the Humane Society
Walk around the Mall
Make Milkshakes
Play Wii
Play Cards
Play a Game
Ride the Blue Bus (Tempe's free bus)
Make Pancakes
Candelight Dinner
Go Take Fun Pictures Somewhere

Post your ideas. I would love to add to our jar!

6 comments:

  1. Drive around looking for flowers; like roses
    Go to a hallmark type of store and find candles and play close your eyes and guess what it is
    Drive out to a lake
    Go to Scottsdale huge park and feed birds or just roam around
    Go to a sporting even; little league baseball is really fun on a date and it is free. Little kids are just as good in my opinion
    Watch a movie – easy but common
    Go to the grocery store with a budget and play iron chef or whatever it is called – pick an ingredient then try and make a meal around it
    Have a prayer night – favorite

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kelly, this is such a great idea, you are SO creative! Something we like to do out here is go to museums together, but they are all free...but I bet the Phx museums have specific days that are free...?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking around IKEA!

    Also ordering take out from some faves like Sauce, Oregano's or even Flemmings.

    Sometimes Ash and I go on websites for vacation homes in different countries and dream about fun vacations with friends!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For the museums- I know the Art Museum in Phx in free on Tuesdays. I've only been once, but it is interesting to walk through, and the exhibits change. I'm sure there are lots of other free museum days too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete