The only catch to all of this is it is expensive- even more so than the Phx Zoo which is saying alot- $28 for adults, $15 for children. We had a buy one get one coupon, so that saved $28, but still. I would say bring drinks and food. You don't have to park far away, so it would be easy to run out to the car. It is a smaller park where you can see everything. We were there about 3 hours and saw it all.
Monday, November 16, 2009
The OTHER zoo.
Many do not know that there are several zoo's in Phoenix. I have lived here my entire life and for the first time (at least that I remember) I went to the Wildlife zoo in West Phoenix- approximately Northern and 167th Avenue. It was really a fun day- with my mom and Garrison.
It was overcast and cool, small sprinkles, very few people. They have a different variety of animals than one would see at the big zoo. And there is an aquarium with many tanks of stange under water animals I have never seen. Like 4 different types of crocodiles, lizards, fish, sharks, etc. It was fun to see animals that we don't see everyday. And the difference with the main zoo part is that you are much closer to the animals. You can feed many of them- monkeys, giraffes, birds. The train ride actually goes through a field of animals which is where most of my pictures are from. There is even an inside exhibit with the new baby animals that have been recently born and are not ready to be out.




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment