
I've read some pretty good books lately. Troy and I both read The Shack, by William Young. It is a fiction book, but the author takes a shot at having a conversation with God and throwing out some of the crazy perceptions we have come up with. It really opened my mind and made me think. I suggest it.

After years of others recommending it, I read Redeaming Love, by Francine Rivers. It is also fiction- an amazing story of a young girl sold into prostitution and the sacrificial love of a man who pulls her out of it. Another definite read. Especially for women. It was hard to read because of the difficulty of some of the situations- so real- but I'm glad I did.
I am in the middle of reading Power of a Praying Parent, by Stormie Omartian. It really helps me figure out what it is I can pray for Garrison- sometimes I get stuck. She writes alot of other praying books too- I have read Power of a Praying Wife in the past- and I should probably get it out again :)
Now I'm on a parenting book binge. A friend loaned me two books that I am currently working on- A Mother's Heart and Help- I'm a Parent. I would also like to read Shepherding a Child's Heart, Grace Based Parenting, and Love and Logic. Any other suggestions??? The whole disciplining a 2 year old is getting me.
Now I'm on a parenting book binge. A friend loaned me two books that I am currently working on- A Mother's Heart and Help- I'm a Parent. I would also like to read Shepherding a Child's Heart, Grace Based Parenting, and Love and Logic. Any other suggestions??? The whole disciplining a 2 year old is getting me.
Let me know other good books ya'll are reading.
Hey Kel
ReplyDeletemy mom read The strong willed child by James Dobson and loved it!! i recommend it to everyone especially all my friends with first boys;) miss y ou