Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Hmm what's new

Let's see here...

I often think of life in a bloggish sort of way- as in what I would write- I guess I journal in my mind more than I do on the page. I think it is therapuetic though I do wish that more of my thoughts were written, contemplated, and discusses with friends.

So whats new- I'm getting more accustomed to my job as a nurse. I like it while I am there- most days. There are some days where my head spins, I don't sit down or pee (like I vowed I would when I was a student) and I go home dreaming about patients or thinking about things that I hope I remembered, but can't because like I said, my head is still spinning. But most days are good and I love the kids, enjoy working with people, and feel like I am learning alot. The 12++ hour days are hard on Troy and Garrison since I don't really see them those days- usually a babysitter awaits me when I get home, put Garrison, then myself to bed. But the days off are nice- so it is a trade off. But like today, Garrison went to preschool and I scurried around trying to use my time wisely and get things done. Thanks to motivation from my friend Joan and her ideas on her blog http://joankoplin.blogspot.com/ I started to get organized and clean up some of my shelves and closets. My FAVORITE store Target has lots of great things to help make organizing easy. With a few little buckets and drawer organizers, my messy kitchen drawer with all my gadgets is organized, my bathroom shelves are cleaned out, and my medicines are not all thrown on a shelf. Organizing always helps me purge the things I don't need also which is helpful.

With time on my hands and mind today, I came up with a whole list of house projects I want to accomplish this spring. I'm sure Troy was just as excited when I showed him the list today :)

Re-organize all closets (that is like 4)
Clean walls and baseboards and touch up paint (our house gets wrecked with all the people that run through here on a weekly basis)
Paint or replace outdoor fences

Organize garage

Office is becoming a guest bedroom again! Yay!

Rearranging furniture- I like to do this sometimes :)

Sand and paint our bedding furniture


I'm sure there is more, but that is what I came up with today. Oh the fun!
We also purchased a NEW KING BED with a portion of our tax refund. Thank God for tax season. I always forget it comes, which is good that I don't plan on it, and we always need it. Most of it will go to debt, but we decided to spend some on a bed. We got a smokin' deal. We have always wanted a king- mostly because Troy take up a queen by himself. And for my birthday, our parents our helping us get new bedding- which is SUPER EXCITING. We are celebrating 6 years of marriage in a few weeks, and so fun to get a new bed and bedding. It is hard to believe that most of the things we have (that are actually nice at all) are from our wedding 6 years ago. So now our bed will go to the guest room and Troy's YL office will go to an office generously donated by one of our committee members. I am SO glad for that as well. Officing from home was not all I was hoping it would be :) Anyways, now I want to redo our bedroom furniture to match. Here is a pic of the bedding we are getting from Target. I know- I wasn't thinking Target originally, but I couldn't find anyplace else that had what I wanted without it being MONDO expensive. And of course, I love Target :)


What else- Garrison is in the 3's class for preschool. It is really fun and cute to hear about his day. He loves it but it is SO hard for me to leave him. Since I'm gone about half the week, I really love the time we have together. Now like today when he is at school and i"m not working I can get ALOT done, and it is nice to have a chance to do things by myself because most of my friends with kiddos do not get that chance, but I do really miss him. He comes home though and tells me the highlights- and he learns alot! Today his highlight was eating lunch in the basketball gym. So cute.
Okay, off to make a delicious overnight french toast souffle for Troy's meeting at the house tomorrow. I may even take a picture if it turns out pretty. I have had it before ( I tell you all good recipes come from someone else) and it is awesome. That is the nice thing about having the office here- people come over :)
Goodnight.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly! I'm SO flattered :) Thank you. I'm glad I gave you that added boost to get organized. I finally followed my own instructions and cleaned out my bathroom. It was about darn time too!

    ReplyDelete